A whole herd of awesomeness has been trampling its merry way into my life, so now is the time for updates! I’ll also include some links at the end of the post for things such as my Goodreads author page and Facebook page.
Without further ado, the updates!
SIGHTINGS IN THE WILD
- 21: On March 21st I will be performing and showcasing my art at Miami LOCO Arts Festival in Miami, Arizona. For times and more information, check out the events page.
- 25: My sister is getting married April 25, so I may be a bit scarce in terms of performances as that gets closer. I will be attending Wednesday open mic nights at Rogue Bar, however, so you can see me perform there.
- ?: I will likely be performing at some point during the month of April at Bookmans in Mesa for National Poetry Month.
- 3: I will be releasing my first CD at Rogue Bar, a spoken word CD of my book Gasoline and Winter with music behind it. The talented musician Tim Allyn (Echolalia, Bad Neighbors) recorded the CD and is providing the excellent background music, and the CD release party will feature 8 local bands and my own performance. The event page will be up soon!
- 1: I will be performing at Rogue Bar with a few local bands. I’m still booking, so more details to come soon!
- ?-20: Although there are still more details to figure out, it looks like I’ll be performing at Bisbee Pride in June (Bisbee, AZ), and doing a variety of workshops in the days or week leading up to it. Stay tuned for more information!
- ?: I will be performing at Sidepony Express Festival in Bisbee, AZ. More details when it draws closer!
- When final approval for the event arrives, I will be speaking at Paradise Valley Community College’s TEDx event on “What Coming Out Has Taught Me.”
- I may also conduct a workshop/workshops at PVCC at some point in the near future.
- I can also be found most Wednesday evenings performing spoken word poetry at Open Mic Night at Rogue Bar in Scottsdale, AZ.
THE REST OF THE EPIC AWESOME
- I’ve started providing manuscript design services for people for their lulu.com books. This includes formatting, proofreading, and (possibly) covers. I’m currently finishing proofreading and formatting the manuscript for a poetry book entitled “Porchlight Promises” and will be sketching the cover in the next couple days. Look for it soon!
- I just commissioned a design for my first merch T-shirts from the amazing graphic artist Shannon Elizabeth Harden, and Tiffany Helvie will be doing the photography for my new posters.
- I will be writing articles for a friend’s website.
- I’m collaborating with a friend and local musician, Mista J, on a track for his new CD coming out at the beginning of 2016.
- I may be becoming a mentor for some college students soon!
ALL THE LINKS
INTERESTED IN BOOKING ME/IN PROOFREADING OR MANUSCRIPT DESIGN SERVICES/HAVE QUESTIONS?
Email me at JamesAvery1990@gmail.com, or contact me at one of the links above.